Welcome to Week 5 of More Than A Guilty Pleasure! Yesterday, the class got to come… er… you see, what I’ve been doing, is I’ve been teaching them edging… um… well, we can cover that here another day. Anyway, today we start Act 2, and the most important thing about Act 2 is that it builds towards THE DARK MOMENT (which we’ll be dissecting next week) and the second most important thing about Act is is knowing how to avoid the saggy middle.
So avoiding the saggy middle is really, really, really EASY. The theme for today’s class, in some ways, is that Elmore Leonard is God. And God said, back in 1983:
And, um… you know, it really is as simple as that. But we can make it more complicated.
We can make ANYTHING more complicated.
Still. In the end, I’ll give you tonight’s “spoiler” or key take away. Part of learning your craft is getting to this point:
… and of course, I throw in a caveat. Just to make it complicated.
Ok. Be good. Be naughty. Write. Read. (Unless you’re in my class. They weren’t allowed to read last week, and I haven’t decided if I’ll release them this week…)
SLIDE DECKS for class participants (sorry, kittens, they’re password protected)
- SLIDE DECK + READING LIST FROM WEEK 1 (FULL–Same password)
- SLIDE DECK + READING LIST from Week 2 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
- SLIDE DECK + Worksheet Downloads from Week 3 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
- SLIDE DECK from WEEK 4 (FULL, Password Given in Class)
- SLIDE DECK for WEEK 5 will go live later this week
STAY IN TOUCH
INSTAGRAM * Twitter * GOODREADS * Facebook * LOVE LETTERS
💕 GET A FREE BOOK! 💕