(1 day to POINT OF NO RETURN! How excited are you? Between today and tomorrow, the tension in your innards should be UNBEARABLE.)
Cinderella’s glass slipper story got it all wrong.
RULES (for everyone)
- Write–no going back, deleting or revising. WRITE FORWARD.
- No re-reading your work or showing it to anyone after you’ve written it. This is for your eyes only.
- Write to a natural ending. Stop. No, you can’t write more. The repeat comes the next day.
RULES (for More Than A Guilty Pleasure Class)
- This is Week 4. You are writing Act 1 this week. YOU ARE WRITING. You are in product as well as process now. Every scene you produce this week goes into draft 1 of Act 1.
- If you’re stuck, use the writing prompt–or any preceding one–to get unstuck. Just write. Write shit. Remember–it doesn’t have to be good. It just has to get written.
- Don’t read this week. Every time you want to read something… write instead.
- Don’t forget edging & natural writing prompts. You’re going to be tempted today to push ahead because YOU ARE SO CLOSE. Don’t. Hold it. Pace it. Between today’s writing session and tomorrow’s writing session–YOU ARE SUFFERING, you are so full of words that need to come out. They will come. Tomorrow. EDGING.
1 day to POINT OF NO RETURN.
- SLIDE DECK from WEEK 4 (FULL, Password Given in Class)
Want a refresher?
- SLIDE DECK + READING LIST FROM WEEK 1 (FULL–Same password)
- SLIDE DECK + READING LIST from Week 2 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
- SLIDE DECK + Worksheet Downloads from Week 3 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
WHAT’S ALL THIS ABOUT?
The writing prompts are part of a course that I’m teaching at the Alexandra Writers’ Centre Society through to November 19:
Registration is long closed, but you can follow the writing prompts and weekly summaries along. This week, we’re going to be diving deep into plotting, and there may or may NOT be writing prompts next week–the class and I will evaluate what they need most for this very critical week in the class.
Your next chance to catch me in person in Calgary is at one of the YYC Queer Writers meet-ups, or, on Thursday, November 22, when I deliver “The Healthy Writer” workshop for the Alberta Romance Writers Association.
STAY IN TOUCH
💕 GET A FREE BOOK! 💕