“Tell me. What does Matt look like? I need to know.”
she texts me. It’s 11 p.m., maybe later, and I’m in bed. I text back:
—What part are you on?”
“Just finished Day 1.”
—Ask me again when you get to Day 3.”
And I turn off the phone and go to bed. (I don’t see her “Good night, bitch!” message until the next morning.)
I give her a day before I reach out.
—Where are you now?
“Day 21. Reading now. Go away. Don’t interrupt me.”
—Do you still need to know what Matt looks like?
“Fuck, no. I don’t care. Now go away. I’m READING!”
That’s what he looks like.
I smirk, a little full of myself.
* * *
Let me tease you more:
Day 1: Maybe
- Maybe: “I’m just going to enjoy knowing he’s in my pocket.”
- Danger: “I’m looking for the elevated heart rate emoticon.”
- (N-entirely-SFW) Words are dangerous: From hopeful to hard in three adjectives
- Cyber-adulteress: “I don’t want you to judge me.”
- (Totally NSFW) Tumble: “You won’t be on your feet for long.”