Welcome to Week 6 of More Than A Guilty Pleasure! This week, we careen towards the DARK MOMENT.
This is the most difficult and critical part of the novel. I mean, if we can make such generalizations. What’s more important, after all, the heart or the lungs, if you need both to live? Unless you have a hook and a killer Inciting Incident and a strong Act 1–you won’t get the reader to stay with you until Act 2… But it is Act 2 and the DARK MOMENT that will determine whether or not your reader remembers your book. They might forget the details of the ending. They might forget how you got your people into the mess in the first place. But if you do it right, they will never forget the Dark Moment.
I’ve got all sorts of construction-destructions metaphors happening this week, but here, I’ll tell you what the gold of this week’s session is:
This is as metaphysical and metaphorical as I get… all the rest is practical instructions. 😉
Ok, one more favourite slide from this week. This is what being in the middle of Act 2 feels like:
Don’t worry. We’ll get out of there. Promise.
See you in class!
SLIDE DECKS for class participants (sorry, kittens, they’re password protected)
- SLIDE DECK + READING LIST FROM WEEK 1 (FULL–Same password)
- SLIDE DECK + READING LIST from Week 2 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
- SLIDE DECK + Worksheet Downloads from Week 3 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
- SLIDE DECK from WEEK 4 (FULL, Password Given in Class)
- SLIDE DECK for WEEK 5 (FULL, Password Given in Class)
- SLIDE DECK for WEEK 6 will go live later this week
STAY IN TOUCH
INSTAGRAM * Twitter * GOODREADS * Facebook * LOVE LETTERS
💕 GET A FREE BOOK! 💕