The rug burn was worth it.
RULES (for everyone)
- Write–no going back, deleting or revising. WRITE FORWARD.
- No re-reading your work or showing it to anyone after you’ve written it. This is for your eyes only.
- Write to a natural ending. Stop. No, you can’t write more. The repeat comes the next day.
RULES (for More Than A Guilty Pleasure Class)
- This is process, not product. You are getting to know your characters… but you’re still writing for your eyes only.
- Each day, you’re writing a SCENE. Scenes have a beginning, middle, and end, and a PURPOSE.
- Write badly. Floridly. Fearlessly. Break all the rules. 😉 Including all and any I’ve given you in class.
SLIDE DECK + READING LIST from Week 2 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
Want a refresher? SLIDE DECK + READING LIST FROM WEEK 1 (FULL–Same password)
WHAT’S ALL THIS ABOUT?
The writing prompts are part of a course that I’m teaching at the Alexandra Writers’ Centre Society through to November 19:
Registration is long closed, but you can follow the writing prompts and weekly summaries along. This week, we’re going to be diving deep into plotting, and there may or may NOT be writing prompts next week–the class and I will evaluate what they need most for this very critical week in the class.
Your next chance to catch me in person in Calgary is at one of the YYC Queer Writers meet-ups, or, on Thursday, November 22, when I deliver “The Healthy Writer” workshop for the Alberta Romance Writers Association.
STAY IN TOUCH
💕 GET A FREE BOOK! 💕