First, she would need six pounds of cherries.
RULES (for everyone)
- Write–no going back, deleting or revising. WRITE FORWARD.
- No re-reading your work or showing it to anyone after you’ve written it. This is for your eyes only.
- Write to a natural ending. Stop. No, you can’t write more. The repeat comes the next day.
RULES (for More Than A Guilty Pleasure Class)
- This is process, not product. You are getting to know your characters… but you’re still writing for your eyes only.
- Each day, you’re writing a SCENE. Scenes have a beginning, middle, and end, and a PURPOSE.
- Write badly. Floridly. Fearlessly. Break all the rules. 😉 Including all and any I’ve given you in class.
SLIDE DECK + READING LIST from Week 2 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
Want a refresher? SLIDE DECK + READING LIST FROM WEEK 1 (FULL–Same password)
WHAT’S ALL THIS ABOUT?
The writing prompts are part of a course that I’m teaching at the Alexandra Writers’ Centre Society through to November 19:
Registration is long closed, but, if you’re in Calgary, you can still register for THIS WORKSHOP, which runs TODAY:
Writing Erotica: a filthy flirty workshop for the bold and the shy alike
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13
Whether you love to write dirty, wish you could (but you can’t, OMG, how do people even think such things!!), or wonder what the heck’s wrong with authors who do, this workshop will help you apply the tools and rules that make for good, effective “can’t stop turning the pages” erotica to all of your writing. The workshop Includes some Freefall-style writing exercises to seduce your inner muse, ruthless editing tips, and guidelines on how to beta-read and critique steamy sex scenes.
Alexandra Writers’ Centre Society @ cSpace, 1721 29 Ave SW, Calgary AB
Sat, October 13, 10-3:30 pm
I promise to be scintillating and only a little embarrassing.
All genders welcome; queer and trans friendly space.
All genres welcome: good erotica is the HARDEST thing to write. Really. The exercises and techniques I will share with you will help you make your writing stronger no matter what you usually write.
As to heat levels–well, we will be talking about how to write about sex. So. There’s kinda no getting away from that.
And I’m not clinical. 😉
Still. I think you’ll enjoy.
See you on the 13th?
STAY IN TOUCH
💕 GET A FREE BOOK! 💕