No one was surprised when the couch tipped over.
RULES (for everyone)
- Write–no going back, deleting or revising. WRITE FORWARD.
- No re-reading your work or showing it to anyone after you’ve written it. This is for your eyes only.
- Write to a natural ending. Stop. No, you can’t write more. The repeat comes the next day.
RULES (for More Than A Guilty Pleasure Class)
- This is process, not product. You are getting to know your characters… but you’re still writing for your eyes only.
- Each day, you’re writing a SCENE. Scenes have a beginning, middle, and end, and a PURPOSE.
- Write badly. Floridly. Fearlessly. Break all the rules. 😉 Including all and any I’ve given you in class.
SLIDE DECK + READING LIST from Week 2 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
WHAT’S ALL THIS ABOUT?
I’m teaching this course:
More Than A Guilty Pleasure: Mastering the Romance Novel Form to Tell the Perfect Story
Learn to seduce a reader from the first sentence through to the heart-thumping, breath-taking, you-knew-it-was-coming-but-not-this-way! happy ending. Motivated students will be given the structure and support to complete a first draft of a romance novel by week 8; beginning students will learn how to play with tropes, tension, pacing, climaxes (dramatic and other), dialogue, and character development.
Registration is now closed. Stay tuned for more workshops.
SOMETHING FUN FROM MY WRITING EROTICA WORKSHOP:
STAY IN TOUCH
💕 GET A FREE BOOK! 💕