(Yes, my week has 12 days. LOL. You know what I mean–we’re in the second week of the course, and the 12th day of the writing prompts.)
“I don’t expect you to walk in them,” he said.
RULES (for everyone)
- Write–no going back, deleting or revising. WRITE FORWARD.
- No re-reading your work or showing it to anyone after you’ve written it. This is for your eyes only.
- Write to a natural ending. Stop. No, you can’t write more. The repeat comes the next day.
RULES (for More Than A Guilty Pleasure Class)
- This is process, not product. You are getting to know your characters… but you’re still writing for your eyes only.
- Each day, you’re writing a SCENE. Scenes have a beginning, middle, and end, and a PURPOSE.
- Write badly. Floridly. Fearlessly. Break all the rules. 😉 Including all and any I’ve given you in class.
SLIDE DECK + READING LIST from Week 2 (FULL, Password Protected–Password Given in Class)
WHAT’S ALL THIS ABOUT?
I’m teaching this course:
More Than A Guilty Pleasure: Mastering the Romance Novel Form to Tell the Perfect Story
Learn to seduce a reader from the first sentence through to the heart-thumping, breath-taking, you-knew-it-was-coming-but-not-this-way! happy ending. Motivated students will be given the structure and support to complete a first draft of a romance novel by week 8; beginning students will learn how to play with tropes, tension, pacing, climaxes (dramatic and other), dialogue, and character development.
PS Am reading, OMG, so good.
STAY IN TOUCH
💕 GET A FREE BOOK! 💕