It was a beyond magnificent debut.
Thank you very much Calgary, for getting your summer off to a HOT start by diving into sultry and sweet love stories with Calgary’s first romance reader festival!
What happened? Well, a little bit of this and that:
Want to find out more? Check out these posts:
- A SULTRY gratitude to the SWEET launch of Calgary’s First Romance Fest! (aka Jane takes 3500 words to say “thank you”)
- Find out who was there: SULTRY & sweet AUTHOR & performer SHOWCASE
Also, the revolution was not televised, but it was podcast! Listen to our SULTRY stars as they chat with Joshua Pantalleresco of Just Joshing:
- Sultry Summer Part 1 (Just Joshing, Episode 171) – featuring Keely Kamikaze, Nancy M. Bell, Katie O’Connor, Shelley Kassian and Danielle French about everything from naked readers, western romances, animal rights, marijauna, & love songs
- Sultry Summer Part 2 (Just Joshing, Episode 172) – featuring Win Day, Mel Vee, and Rayanne Haines on the presidency and operations of an association, using both sides of the brain, photography, racism in Canada, & merging different genres
- Sultry Summer Part 3 (Just Joshing, Episode 173) featuring Alyssa Linn Palmer joins the show and we talk about the interesting mixture of noir and romance, talk setting trends, Casablanca and more. Plus, Elizabeth Kelly and Sasha White close out the show and we get into clean vs dirty romance (whatever that is), erotica, & good writing
… and yes, I’ve got a few things on before then:
WANT TO HELP OUT? To be part of Sultry Summer 2 or Romance Revolution, either as an author or volunteer, contact M. Jane Colette at TellMe@mjanecolette.com.